Here’s what we’re looking for…
Sagacious Partners is seeking someone to join our team and help further our mission of helping companies and communities grow. We need talented individuals ready to provide fresh perspectives and support a proven economic development and project management and executive coaching firm.
Tell me more…
We are looking to hire a full-time fellow for the Sagacious Partners team to gain real project management experience.
What’s so great about working at Sagacious Partners?
- It’s a paid fellowship! We consider this position to be extremely valuable to the team and growth of our company. Compensation is negotiable.
- You will gain a broad understanding of and exposure to economic and community development, project and collaboration management, industry clusters, business consulting and professional communications management.
- Meet, connect and work with top-level regional and state leaders in business, government, academia, and community and economic development
- Personal and professional development opportunities through mentoring by our small staff of young and vibrant community leaders
- Egalitarian work environment. Our office promotes an atmosphere open to input and new ideas from any level
- Build a portfolio of marketing and communications and tangible project management experience
What are our core values?
- We are leaders
- We are doers
- We do purposeful work that positively impacts people and organizations
- We are community oriented
- We are personally accountable and expect this of others
- We are adaptable to change and open to taking risks to thrive in our entrepreneurial environment
- We are intellectually curious and lifelong learners
What would I do everyday?
Support team members including Sagacious Partners’ founder and managing partner, the chief operating officer and project managers. Will also work for and assist Sagacious Partners’ largest client, EngenuitySC.
- Office organization
- Meeting preparation and set-up
- Purchasing and supply management
- Additional office tasks include mail runs, bank runs, answering phones, picking up lunch, gift drop-offs, etc.
- Project Support
- Assist staff with project management functions such as research, data collection, report drafting, presentation preparation and related activities
- Coordinate logistics of project-based activities and events
- Performs tasks as requested by Sagacious Partners team members
- Event Planning
- Assist with event planning and management for community-based programs, legislative events and routine meetings
- Planning and execution support for major events such as Ignite! and Science Cafe
- Research/Database Management
- Conduct market research as needed
- Input, update and maintain contacts in Insightly, our customer relationship and project management software
- Drafting and sending of correspondence such as thank you letters, invitations, meeting notes and other communications
- Assist Project Managers with the drafting, development and dissemination of content and material for communications
- Printing, copying, binding and updating marketing material, correspondence, promotional materials, reports, presentations and other project-related materials
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- Senior in college or graduate with educational background in business, marketing, economic development, communications, journalism, public relations, event planning
- Ability to identify, analyze and present relevant information in a concise manner
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and professional appearance
- Applicant will need a laptop as well as reliable transportation, preferably a personal vehicle
- Be able to demonstrate a creative, detail-driven and an intellectually curious mentality
- Experience with Google Apps including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sheets, etc.
How can I really stand out?
- Have experience with any of the following: Mailchimp, Insightly, Buffer, Eventbrite, Surveymonkey or other online marketing tools
- Experience with event planning/execution for minimum of 50 attendees
- Experience with other community-based programs and initiatives
- Passion for economic and community development and awareness of activities in the local and regional economy
- Availability to work after hours when needed
This sounds awesome. I’m ready to apply!
And we’re ready to hear from you! Please send the following items to Whitney Williams a firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list “Sagacious Partners Fellowship” in the subject line and send all materials as a PDF or MS Word document.
- Cover letter with specific feedback in response to the required and preferred qualifications and highlight any additional beneficial experience not requested
- If available, link to a portfolio of any writing samples, graphic design work, video work, etc.
- Your schedule availability as it stands now for January – June 2016