Sagacious Partners is seeking someone to join our team and help further our mission of helping companies and communities grow. We need talented individuals ready to provide fresh perspectives and support a proven economic development and project management and executive coaching firm.
What’s so great about working at Sagacious Partners?
- It’s a FULL TIME paid internship! We consider this position to be extremely valuable to the team and growth of our company.
- You will gain a broad understanding of and exposure to economic and community development, project and collaboration management, industry clusters, business consulting and professional communications management.
- Opportunity to meet, connect and work with top-level regional and state leaders in business, government, academia, and community and economic development
- Personal and professional development opportunities through mentoring by our small staff of vibrant community leaders
- Egalitarian work environment. Our office promotes an atmosphere open to input and new ideas from any level
- Build a portfolio of marketing and communications and tangible project management experience
What are our core values?
- We are leaders
- We are doers
- We do purposeful work that positively impacts people and organizations
- We are community oriented
- We are personally accountable and expect this of others
- We are lifelong learners, adaptable to change and open to taking risks to thrive in our entrepreneurial environment
What would I do everyday?
Our Communications Coordinator is a crucial facet of the team, providing support to individuals at all levels within the organization. On a daily basis, this person will be contributing to client management efforts; daily management of social media accounts; scheduling meetings; working on projects for our largest client, EngenuitySC; office administration; miscellaneous errands and more, including:
- Drafting, editing and distributing media content, including: press releases, email newsletters, websites, social media, thank you letters, invitations, meeting notes and other communications
- Assist Project Managers with the drafting, development and dissemination of content and material for communications
- Printing, copying, binding and updating marketing material, correspondence, promotional materials, reports, presentations and other project-related materials
- Graphics/Visual Arts
- Assist with the creation and distribution of design material for events, programs and activities through print, online and graphic design mediums (using InDesign)
- Taking photos and shooting video at different EngenuitySC events and managing their collection, use and distribution
- Client Support
- Assist staff with project management functions such as research, data collection, report drafting, presentation preparation and related activities
- Coordinate logistics/onsite support of project-based meetings, activities and events
- Sagacious Partners session room setup for Vistage and EOS meetings
- Performs tasks as requested by Sagacious Partners team members
- Conduct and compile research, as needed
- Event Planning
- Assist with event planning and management for community-based programs, legislative events and routine meetings
- Office organization
- Meeting preparation and set-up
- Greeting clients and prospects
- Purchasing and supply management
- Additional office tasks include mail runs, bank runs, answering phones, picking up lunch, gift drop-offs, etc.
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- You need to be a do-er. Plain and simple. We have a small team servicing a full load of clients, so we need people who are motivated to get the job done with high standards.
- Educational background in business, marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, event planning and/or media arts
- Ability to identify, analyze and present relevant information in a concise manner
- Obsession with detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks at once in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and professional appearance
- Applicant will need a laptop as well as reliable transportation, preferably a personal vehicle
- Be able to demonstrate a creative, detail-driven and an intellectually curious mentality
- Experience with Google Apps including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sheets, etc.
How can I really stand out?
- Have experience with any of the following: Mailchimp, Trello, Eventbrite, Surveymonkey or other online marketing tools
- Have experience with graphic design, particularly demonstrable knowledge of InDesign
- Experience with event planning/execution for minimum of 50 attendees
- Experience with other community-based programs and initiatives
- Passion for economic and community development and awareness of activities in the local and regional economy
- Availability to work after hours when needed
This sounds awesome. I’m ready to apply!
And we’re ready to hear from you! Please send the following items to Selia Straus via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list “Sagacious Partners Communications Coordinator” in the subject line and send all materials as a PDF or MS Word document.
- Cover letter with specific feedback in response to the required and preferred qualifications and highlight any additional beneficial experience not requested
- If available, link to a portfolio of any writing samples, graphic design work, etc.