Sagacious Partners is seeking someone to join our team and help further our mission of helping companies and communities grow. We need talented individuals ready to provide fresh perspectives and support a proven economic development + project management + executive coaching firm.
What’s so great about working at Sagacious Partners?
- Meet, connect and work with top-level regional and state leaders in business, government, academia, and community and economic development
- Personal and professional development opportunities through mentoring by our small staff of young and vibrant community leaders
- Egalitarian work environment. Our office promotes an atmosphere open to input and new ideas from any level
- Autonomy to create a schedule that works for you to meet deliverables and ability to work remotely when necessary
- See our Core Values to understand more about us
The Senior Project Manager acts as the lead on multiple projects with varying purposes, clients and timelines. He/she is responsible for managing client relationships while ensuring team project support efforts are organized, effective, and within scope of budget.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensuring project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Effectively applying our methodology and enforcing project standards
- Setting project goals and deadlines
- Minimizing our exposure and risk on a project
- Facilitating team meetings effectively and keeping project team well informed
- Budget creation and management
- Delivering engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Maintaining awareness of new and emerging trends and technologies and the potential application on client engagements
- Fundraising and Membership recruitment (on project basis)
- Assessing project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates, and utilization
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven management and/or leadership capabilities
- Experience working with Senior Level executives in a corporate setting
- Minimum 4 years professional experience in project management
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Strong partnership-building skills
- Excellent computer skills, familiarity with Google apps, social networking tools, and a willingness to learn new technology.
- A sincere interest in making Columbia and the Midlands region better places to live, work, play and visit
- Experience with community-based nonprofits, programs and initiatives
- Knowledge and familiarity with economic development and general understanding in areas of cluster economics and knowledge economy economic development
- Strong sense of personal accountability
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with preparing a project budget
- Flexibility of work schedule
- Flexibility to travel
- Fundraising or sales exposure
Sagacious Partners will offer a competitive salary package for a full-time team member working an estimated 40 hours per week.
- As an absolute condition of employment, employees are required upon hire to sign a drug-free workplace agreement.
- The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
- Applicants for this position must currently reside in or be willing to relocate to the Columbia, SC area
This sounds awesome. I’m ready to apply!
And we’re ready to hear from you! Please direct your resume and cover letter (in PDF or MS Word document format) to Selia Straus at firstname.lastname@example.org