Project Manager Job Description
Sagacious Partners seeks a dynamic professional to join our team and help further our purpose of building better jobs, better lives, and better communities by providing systems to help companies and communities grow. We need a talented individual ready to provide a fresh perspective to support a proven project management + Entrepreneurial Operating System® (EOS) implementation firm.
What’s so great about working at Sagacious Partners?
- The unique nature of our work/organization means our team members’ abilities are utilized daily. If you don’t know what your unique ability is, you will discover it in this environment.
- Company culture. We promote an open and honest atmosphere, encouraging input and new ideas from any level. Everyone has a voice and an opportunity to contribute.
- You will have the opportunity to meet, connect, and work with top-level regional and state leaders in business, government, academia, and community and economic development.
- Our work makes a difference. We see a direct impact on companies and our community through the work we do – it’s not just something we talk about; it’s something we achieve.
- We are are a small (but mighty!) team and think of ourselves as family. We take care of our people as long as they are a good fit with our core values.
What are your core values?
- We are leaders
- We get sh*t done
- We are humble, confident, and coachable
- We are personally accountable and expect this of others
- We love what we do and how we do it
- We believe in growth – personally and professionally
The Project Manager will act as second point of contact to Senior Project Manager for multiple projects, clients and timelines – mainly serving our K-12 projects. They are responsible for building client relationships and executing assigned deliverables in an organized and effective manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee day-to-day aspects of the project
- Manage volunteers (on a project basis)
- Monitor and summarize project progress
- Communicate project updates to client
- Assist with creation of project plan, including establishing goals and deadlines
- Create and execute project work plans
- Creation of project materials (both internal and external)
- Meeting scheduling
- Identify resources needed
- Some meeting facilitation
- Ensuring project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Hours and expense tracking on weekly basis
We’re Looking for Someone Who…
- Is able to take a task and run with it
- Enjoys plowing through a full “to-do” list and keeping a full schedule
- Obsesses over details
- Writes well
- Understands how to tailor communication by audience
- Is patient and tough, not intimidated by client conflict
- Is dogged – willing to do what it takes to close all “open files”
- Enjoys following up and checking in
- Enjoys interacting with school leaders and recruiting/mobilizing volunteers
- Will reach out to strangers to start new partnerships
- Is confident enough to manage relationships from the get-go, but willing to share ownership with other team members and with clients
- Will lead (when asked) and be led
- Isn’t a perfectionist or lazy
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in a client-based environment
- Excellent computer skills as well as familiarity with Google Apps
- Comfort working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Openness to flexible work schedule + weekend availability
- Strong communication skills
- High level of personal accountability
- Attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to learn new technology
- Intellectual curiosity
- A sincere interest in making Columbia and the Midlands region better places to live, learn, work, play and visit
- Experience with community-based nonprofits, programs and initiatives
- Experience or familiarity with K-12 and/or STE(A)M education
- Experience managing social media accounts
Sagacious Partners will offer a competitive salary package for a full-time team member working an estimated 40 hours per week.
- As an absolute condition of employment, employees are required upon hire to sign a drug-free workplace agreement.
- The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
- Applicants for this position must currently reside in or be willing to relocate to the Columbia, SC area.
This sounds awesome. I’m ready to apply!
And we’re ready to hear from you! Please direct your resume and cover letter (in PDF or MS Word document format) to Anton Dela Cruz at email@example.com